G5 Sports Massage
For more than 50 years, G5® electro-mechanical massage and percussion modalities have been used by therapists to compliment their “hands on” massage techniques. G5® modalities do not replace traditional manual techniques, but instead, help therapists to become even more effective, especially when performing deep massage or percussion routines.
The main benefits provided by G5® massage and percussion modalities include:
- Powerful deep massage, or percussion.
- Shorter treatment time.
- Pain free treatments to help clients sensitive to muscle aches and pain
- Deep tissue benefit but with the comfort of a Swedish Massage style treatment
- Combines “hands on” massage and percussion techniques with the benefits of a quiet but powerful assistive modality.
Genuine G5® brand massage and percussion products are used world-wide in the respiratory field; spa and beauty field; physical therapy field and in chiropractic and sports medicine.
Genuine G5® brand massage and percussion products are recognized as the most powerful, reliable and durable in the world. No G5® brand product has ever caused any injury to any patient or client – nor any damage to any property, since our brand’s inception in 1957.
- Offers a wide assortment of applicators for specific procedures such as fine and gross muscle relaxation, trigger point reduction, movement of oedema fluid, thermal massage, etc.
- Comfortable for the patient – General Physiotherapy, Inc. Directional-Stroking Technology combines vibration and percussion to create a powerful yet comfortable gyratory pulsation.
- Soft Tissue Injuries – Maintain mobility within the tissue structures of ligaments, tendons, and muscles to reduce atrophy and adherent scars.
- Muscle Spasms – Relaxes muscles which allows for manual or mechanical manipulation of the area.
- Pressure Sores – Increases surface circulation which reduces arterial degeneration. Massage assets in reducing the height of bony protrusions by relaxing the muscles surrounding the bone. General Physiotherapy, Inc.’s exclusive Directional-Stroking technology allows you to transport away toxic tissue fluid as you safely treat the perimeter around pressure ulcers.
- Reduces Edema – Increases circulation by means of the generation of heat; assists in mobilizing edema fluids from an area; restores mobility.
- Increased Circulation – Higher frequency vibration causes vasal dilation resulting in increased blood flow. This brings nutrients and oxygen to localized areas.
- Trigger Point Therapy – Relieves the tension build-up or muscle contraction of the hypersensitive area that can evoke pain elsewhere in the body when stimulated.
- Lymphatic Drainage – Provides detoxification of lymphatic systems by mobilizing lymphatic fluids and draining excess tissue fluids.
- Continuous Passive Motion – Massage increases range-of-motion by reducing edema and relaxing muscle swelling that can occur during inactivity. Higher frequency vibration releases endorphins, which result in an analgesic effect to an area of treatment.
- Exfoliation Treatments
- Detoxification Treatments
- Lymphatic Drainage
- Cellulite Reduction Treatments
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Slimming and Reducing Services
- Therapeutic Massage
- Relaxation Massage
Sports Massage Therapy
|Sports Massage is a rapidly-evolving sub-specialty within the overall field of professional massage therapy. It combines classic and specific techniques designed to provide therapeutic impact for the unique physical and biomechanical needs of athletes.
Today’s athletes, both Olympic champions and “weekend warriors,” leave nothing to chance in their attempt to produce faster speeds, lower times, maximum effort and peak performance. They are incorporating the latest sports technology in their training programs. More and more of these athletes, at the amateur, college and professional levels, have discovered the benefits of Sports Massage.
G5 Massage Machines are designed to provide the full benefits of Sports Massage. A few of the indications for use include:
• Relieves muscle pains and spasms in muscle contusions, sprains and strains.